At Rocket Medical, we believe that we have a responsibility to care for and protect the environment and whilst we manufacture and market medical devices which, because of their clinical application must be disposable, we are fully committed to improving environmental performance across all of our business activities.
We have committed to using renewable resources wherever possible and developing manufacturing processes and products such that any adverse effects on the environment are reduced to a practical minimum. We recognise that as our understanding of sustainable development improves, it will be necessary to re-examine this environmental policy and other policies in line with this learning.
Rocket Medical plc. recognises that our key impacts on the environment are in the areas of:
- Energy use.
- Raw material usage.
- Waste generation.
- Materials procurement.
In order to reduce our impact on the environment, we have assessed our business activities to minimise waste and where possible have implemented measures to reduce our carbon footprint.
- We currently use where possible and in conformity with medical device manufacturing regulations, 100% recyclable cartons.
- We utilise a two way transportation system to eliminate waste generated by empty wagons.
- We recycle waste plastics and metals from our production processes.
- We have installed automatic LED lighting systems throughout the plant.
Rocket Medical has a well-established programme of Continuous Improvement which assists to reduce the environmental impact of our products and services, which includes suppliers to Rocket Medical
- We develop, where possible and practical, devices that have recyclable components - such as removable batteries - to enable our customers to choose the best environmental route for their needs and clinical application.
- We promote and encourage employee participation in voluntary environmental projects, such as recycling and waste reduction.
- We include environmental issues in our New Product Development activities, planning and decision making process and this is utilised throughout the company.
- We encourage involvement in and understanding of environmental issues particularly related to the healthcare industry.
Rocket Medical plc. are making every effort to ensure that our environmental performance is an integral part of our daily activities and promote the involvement of staff and sub-contractors which is vital to making this policy a success.
This policy statement shall be communicated throughout the organisation and made available to all interested parties.